2 teaspoons (tsp) sweet paprika
1 teaspoon (tsp) dried oregano
1 teaspoon (tsp) dried thyme
1 teaspoon (tsp) onion salt
3 tablespoons (tbs or tbsp.) olive oil for the seasoning
3 tablespoons (tbs or tbsp.) olive oil for cooking corn
½ cup popping corn
What to do
- In a mortar & pestle, combine the paprika, oregano, thyme and onion salt. Grind until it forms a fine powder.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons of oil and the ground seasonings.
- Heat the other 3 tablespoons of oil in large pot, over medium heat.
- To test if oil is hot enough, add 2 pieces of popping corn. Oil is hot enough when corn turns slowly in a circle.
- Once oil is hot enough, add remaining corn and cover pot tightly.
- Once corn starts popping, begin shaking pan whilst rest of corn continues to pop.
- Once popping has stopped or slowed down to the occasional pop, remove pot from heat.
- Transfer popcorn to a large bowl and discard any un-popped corn.
- Pour over seasoning/oil mix and toss to combine.