3 cups fresh broad beans, removed from pods
400g dried spaghetti pasta
1 tablespoon (tbs or tbsp.) olive oil
1 leek, dark green ends trimmed, washed, and thinly sliced
2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
3 egg yolks
70g (or 1 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
¼ cup thickened cream
¼ cup parsley, thick stems removed, finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
What to do
- Place broad beans and ½ tablespoon of salt into boiling water and boil for 1 minute. Drain using a colander, then tip beans into cold water and squeeze beans from skins. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of water with ½ tablespoon of salt for 15 minutes or until al-dente. Drain using a colander, then tip back into the pot.
- Heat the oil in a small frypan, fry the leek and garlic for 1 minute, or until the leek is soft.
- Combine the eggs, egg yolks, parmesan and cream in a small bowl. Add 2 pinches of pepper.
- Once spaghetti is drained add the broad beans, leek, garlic, egg mixture and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste.