Nasturtium’s are a type of flower, the leaves and the flowers are edible and make a pretty addition to salads.
8 nasturtium leaves
2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely sliced
1 green capsicum, finely sliced
1 celery stick, finely sliced
6 nasturtium flowers
4 tablespoons (tbs or tbsp.) olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons (tbs or tbsp.) cider vinegar
3 teaspoons (tsp) honey
1 tablespoon (tbs) mint, thick stems removed, finely chopped
What to do
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD
- Tear the lettuce and nasturtium leaves into pieces and divide between 4 bowls.
- Scatter the cucumber, capsicum and celery over the leaves.
- Gently tear the flowers into pieces and scatter over the salad.
MAKE THE DRESSING
- Combine oil, garlic, vinegar and honey in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Season with salt & pepper, to taste and stir in the mint.
DRESS THE SALAD
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and garnish.