1 tablespoon (tbs or tbsp.) sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon (tsp) grated ginger
2 spring onions, finely diced
300g button mushrooms, chopped
40g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
1 teaspoons (tsp) soy-sauce
50g dry rice noodles
2 carrots, peeled, ends trimmed, julienned (cut into thin sticks)
2 cucumbers, ends trimmed, julienned (sliced into thin sticks)
½ bag bean sprouts, rinsed in cold water
½ pack coriander
¼ iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
What to do (Method)
- Heat sesame oil in an electric wok. Add garlic, and ginger and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add spring onions, mushrooms and cabbage and cook for 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Transfer to a bowl, mix in soy sauce and set aside to cool.
- Cook rice noodles by placing in a plastic bowl and tipping over boiling water from the kettle. Allow to sit in water until soft. Drain using a colander and run cold water over them to cool. Place into a bowl.
- Prepare vegetables according to ingredient list.
- Divide each completed ingredient between two small bowls (one for your table and one for another table). For example you will have 2 small bowls of carrots, 2 small bowls of lettuce and 2 small bowls of cooked mushroom mix, etc.
- Roll rice paper rolls by using the method below.
Rolling your rice paper rolls
- Wet the rice paper using a bowl of warm water, then place on clean bench
- Choose your fillings and place near the bottom edge of the rice paper, use the picture below to guide as to how much filling to use.
- Roll your rice paper up, using the procedure below.