3 cups self-raising flour
2 teaspoons (tsp) mixed spice
2 teaspoons (tsp) bicarbonate of soda
2/3 cup, firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups grated carrot (peel, and trim ends before grating)
2/3 cup olive oil
4 eggs, lightly whisked
360g cream cheese
½ cup icing sugar
½ tsp of vanilla essence
What to do (Method):
- Preheat the oven to 200oC.
- Line the muffin tins with paper cases.
- Combine the flour, mixed spice and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
- Stir in the sugar and carrot.
- Make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, whisk the oil, egg and yogurt.
- Pour this into the well and stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then START MAKING ICING.
- Once they are cooked, place on wire rack to cool.
To make the icing
Use and electric beater to beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence.
Once combined and the muffins are cool, ice them with the frosting.